Tuesday, April 14, 2015

The Nexcon wireless charger and my review of it.




The Nexcon wireless charger is small portable and convenient, works really well on your desk or end table.


You just set your phone on it with or without a case on it and it conects and starts charging. It charges as fast as a normal charger does and maybe a little faster.. but not enough to rave about that.

It how ever has two faults that I just can't stand and that is why above I stated that it would work great at your desk or end table and not your nightstand. There is a light that is ALWAYS on wether the thing is charging or not. Red if not charging and blue if it is. Just watch the video below to see what I mean. The damn thing is actually brighter than what you see in the video. Plus it (as it should) stops charging when the device is full, but it starts charging again when the device drops 1% so everytime you hit 99% charge you hear the phone acknowlage the starting of the charge and the phone lights up. This happens often and thats why it only lasted one night on my nightstand.It was a one nightstand (sorry I could not stop myself on that one.)


Now I am using this charger on my "Phone desk" that is in my bedroom. I sleep in the dark.. because I'm crazy like that I guess, so even on my desk the light bothered me. So I made an adjustment to the disc that works perfectly and without knowing it was there one wouldn't ever notice it.


Yes thats right, its a high-tech strip of electrical tape cut in half lengthwise. No light no fuss and I can sleep in peace knowing that there wont be a light coming on all damn night. I charge my phone beside my bed at night, but I don't use the adaptive charger that came with it. I use one that was for the Galaxy S5 so its slower. I think that always charging your device at a high rate might put a extra amount of ware on the battery.. I could be wrong, but I don't think so. I use the adaptive charger when I need a quick charge.. Which really isn't very often.


I plan to pickup a upright wireless charger and give that a try. I will do some shopping around and read some reviews on them so I get the one thats right for my needs.


Duck is out

No comments:

Post a Comment