Saturday, April 11, 2015

Simple ways to have it all with the new Galaxy S6/Edge

We all know there is no removable battery on Samsung's two new flagship devices and we all know there is no expandable storage. Well here is a couple ways to get around that.

I have only had short battery life once with my S6 edge. I had it in my front pocket while at work emptying a truck and stocking shelves for Target. Other than that one time my battery has lasted all day. I'm getting 3 hours of on screen time with no issues. In fact the longer I have it the better the battery is getting. Now for those who need a little extra juice for the day, pick up a cheap external battery pack. I have a large one for when I travel and a small one I can easily put in my pocket. The small one is perfect for carrying around. It's called a "lipstick charger" due to it's size and shape. It cost under $6 US and is 2600 milliamps



I haven't used it yet but I'm sure I will as I tend to get out and about more as the weather gets warmer.


Now as far as extra storage goes thats pretty simple as well. OTG (On The Go) Now these come in many sizes and shapes some are just a cable that you plug into Your device and then at the other end you have a full sized USB plug. You can then use an adapter and us a SD card or a Micro SD card, Then there are those that have the adapters built in, these tend to be bulky though. I have a cable one somewhere around here But I prefur this little jewel I picked up for under $10 US.



You just have to slap your Micro SD card in it and plug it into your device.Plus it also has a full sized USB plug, you leave the Micro card in and plug it into your computer and you can then transfer betwwen the two.


Both of these together cost less than $15 on Amazon and for that price you get to have your cake and eat it too.



Duck signing out.... But I will be back with some other accessories and tips soon, wireless charging is up next.

No comments:

Post a Comment