Friday, June 7, 2013

Smartphone to the rescue

I leave the house for work 4 days a week at 4am. I ride my bike most days as the weather has improved. The other day I woke, showered and dressed for work as I always do. I then normally catch up on tech news that came out after I went to bed the night before, and on my Facebook page. So on that fateful day I headed to work on my bike, helmet on head light, tail light on. Pulling into the bike parking area I turned off my lights pull my lock out and reached in my pocket for my keys... They were gone. I reached for my wallet, it was also not there. So I knew they were both at home, no way to lock my bike (but I knew I could store it in the store for the day) and no way to pay for lunch. So I headed in for the work day wondering what I would do for lunch as I get hungry after working hard. Then I remembered I had my Samsung Galaxy S4 on my hip... I had hope. Sure enough I checked my Starbucks app on my phone and I had a balance that would allow me to pickup a sandwich. So when lunch time came I ran over and got a hot yummy sandwich using no money out of pocket as they were empty.


I don't have Google wallet setup on my phone as of yet and either is my local Starbucks, but as long as I have their app I am good. You might just want to think about setting up a backup plan such as the Starbucks app. One never knows when a brain fart will happen.

2 comments: