Thursday, June 27, 2013

New accessories you will want for your new Samsung Galaxy S4

Here are a couple accessories you may just want to pick up for your Samsung S4. I got these at half price thanks to the deal Samsung is offering for registering your device on their site www.samsung.com. For each device I registered I received a 50% off code for anything in their store that was under $50. So here is what I picked up.

The out of phone charger comes with a spare battery and a charger that can also be used to charge the phone. I carry a portable charger as well but when you are charging 2 phones, one blue tooth a Wi-Fi hotspot and a tablet you can tax that charger, so for the price I couldn't beet the extra power. As both phones take the same battery I should be good to go for a few days without having to worry about having enough power.


The tectiles are the second version, these will work with any of Samsungs NFC devices, but the S4 will not work with the old tectiles. So far the aren't a lot of features you can use the tiles for but as with the first batch, more will be coming soon. I tried them out on my Nexus & it would recognize them but wouldn't change any of the settings. As I can not download the Samsung Tectiles app to my Asus tablet...Maybe tat will change as well or there may be an app that will allow the tiles to work on the tablet, but I haven't looked into that as of yet.. The day is still young.

So this is some helpful accessories that I thought I would pass along to you my readers. If you have any questions, leave me a comment and I will do my best to answer them. I will do an update when and if I find a way to get these tiles to work with my Nexus 7. But if you have a nexus 7 and want NFC tags you can find them on just about any site that sells tech toys.


I am Ken "Duck" Geraths, a USCC Customer Crew member

2 comments:

  1. You may want to check out NFC Tags Type 2 for a more universal tag. They are Type 2 which are S4 compatible but should work with anything as the app is universal. Look forward to seeing what you figure out with these though as I'm trying to figure out some day to day uses for some NFC tags for when I get my S4.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right now there isn't too many functions. Just like when the first ones came out. I'm thinking that will change when the update come for the storage issue

      Delete