Thursday, May 23, 2013

My review of the S4, now that I have had the time to play with it



The Samsung Galaxy S4 from uscc has been a fantastic phone. I have had it for three weeks now and have had a chance to play around with it. So here is my true review.

Pros: There are many. Speed is a big one to me and this phone packs a 1.9 quad core processor. I haven't had any lag at all. Now I also use "The Next Launcher" as I switch phones and brands its nice to have one launcher that I like that I can take with me. Battery life isn't really any better for me than my Note II was. Accept when both phones are at idle, for some reason the Note II would burn through the battery faster. The screen, for the first time I can actually tell the difference in the screen, I don't know if my eye site is improving (I doubt it) or if it really is that much better, but I love the way the colors pop out at you. The hover view was rally a nice addition, it was something I thought I would miss coming from the Note II, as is the ability to put notes on my calendar.


As my schedule can change in a heartbeat so a quick little scribble can fix it right up. Reception hasn't been any better than my Note II, but then I never had any issues with that on either phone. The camera has to be mentioned as it is one of the main things that had me in fits to get this phone. So far it hasn't been matched. Even the front facing camera seems to be a hit with me. As some of you know I am not big on pictures of myself, but when kids are involved I can't help myself. (Kids are my favorite humans of all)


Z-man and the Duck. This could of been a better picture but due to where I was at its the best I could do.

Now for the cons: Storage, that's it. This thing is billed as having 16 GB of internal storage and out of the box you have 8.9 (or there about's depending on carriers bloat ware)I have around 90+ apps installed right now and am sitting at 7.2 GB of storage. Now I can live with that, but with this screen and the processor I would love to load up a few movies and maybe that new Iron man 3 game and see what it would look like. I have such things on my Nexus 7, but as many of you know the tegra 3 processor and the 720 screen are not the best for such things.

As far as an over all rating I would have to give it 4.8 stars out of 5... the storage being the downside. Would I buy it again... Yes, and I most likely will be picking up another one as I will have a line available for an upgrade next month. Maybe I will even get the black one.

I hope you found this helpful, Ken USCC Customer Crew Member.

1 comment:

  1. Excellently written. I am totally looking forward to getting this device.

    ReplyDelete