Saturday, May 25, 2013

My look at the LG Optimus G Pro



A friend of mine who works at the local AT&T store asked me to stop in and checkout the new phone from LG, the LG Optimus G Pro. I have always liked LG and have owned a few of their phones in the past. So I went in and had a look. They let me pretty much do what I wanted on the phone including loading Quadrant standard benchmark. I ran the test twice and it scored a respectable 8600+ both times.


This phone runs smooth and is powered by a Snapdragon 1.7 GHz quad core processor. The screen was impressive sharp and clear. It boasts a 5.5" full HD screen, and the poke at Samsung was kind of cute as well. You see there was a live wallpaper of pure white feathers falling. (The note II has a couple feather wallpapers). I think it is a good competitor to the Note II, all be it may be a little late hitting the shelves. The Note 3 is rumored to be out in a few months (September) and will I'm sure have a ton of new things for us to drool over.

The LG Optimus G Pro is actually smaller than the note II and was comfortable in my hand. Would I own this phone....YES I would pick this thing up in a heartbeat if USCC carried it. The only "Con" I seen with it was it was still running 4.1.2 Jelly Bean when it really should of came out of the shoot running 4.2.2. But I am sure that it is in the works and will be a OTA update soon.

So have you seen the new power house from LG? What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment