Sunday, February 8, 2015

LG G Pad 7 My thoughts

Okay, first let me say I have the bestest grandson in the world, so when he said he wanted a tablet I talked to his mother. (The bestest daughter in the world I might add) She said thay had looked at some od the cheap tablets but weren't to sure about the quality of them. Which I'm glad that she just didn't buy one because it was cheap. So anyway a few weeks later I came across a brand new LG G Pad 7 V410 unlocked at a really good price so I ordered it with the thought of giving it to my grandson.

This tablet has a Snapdragon 400 quadcore processor, 1280X800 screen, 4000mAh battery, 16GB internal storage with SD card slot to add up to 32GB more storage.Its running 4.4.2 Kitkat out of the box. As it is unlocked I can use my sim from T-Mobile that I have in my Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 in it. I just had to call TMO (T-Moblie) and get some help changing some apn numbers.

Now this is no beast, I didn't get it because it was the latest and greatest. I got it for an 8 year old child who has more than earned it. I thought it would be a great gift.. But its a gift he wont be getting, because grandpa found even a better deal for him, but more on the in a minute. So I have been putting this through its paces. Ive ran a few benchmark tests and as was stated, its no beast. It did fair for what it is. Some of the video test it stutterd throuhout the test. Where as my Note 10.1 runs through it smooth. Again, I wasn't expecting top purformance from it. The screen actually looks pretty good, viewing angles are really good, colors seem fairly accurate.

As I have the Galaxy Note 4 and the Galaxy Note 10.1 I am use to having a physical home button. I haven't had the on screen buttons since I gave away my Nexus 7 2014. But it didn't take any time to get use to them again.The rear camera is a 5mp and the front has a 1.3mp. Both are a little grainy but will work for skype or just a quick picture to pass to someone. I wouldn't use either as a go to camera.

Over all this is a great tablet for someone who will use it as a ereader/surf the web kind of thing. Its small and lite so you can take it with you on the go. My daughter will love it.... Yes I'm going to give it to my daughter some time down the road as I picked up a brand new Nook 9" 32GB tablet for the the grandson for only $45. Now I mean still in the box never opened buaght from a Target store (On clearence with employee discount and red card savings) Its normal retail price was $180. I'm sure he will be more than happy with that big ol screen and a $10 gift card to the Google play store.

I know it sounds like I am spoiling him, but truthfully the kid makes some pretty damn good choices for being 8 years old. The way he cares for his little sister and his classmates makes me proud. His parents are doing a bang up job with him and it shows.


Besides his little sister who rules the roost in that house Who has to have her own way or all will pay will have a tablet she can use, I think she will get the Kindle fire I gave my daughter last year.... Now to see about that son in-law...

Duck signing out

No comments:

Post a Comment